Specialized knowledge of increasingly complex issues relating to environmental regulation and compliance is essential. Our environmental attorneys stay on the cutting edge of relevant laws, regulations and legislation and we help our clients achieve their business goals creatively, efficiently, and without undue interference or delay.
Our environmental attorneys assist businesses, municipalities, and individuals in a wide range of environmental issues involving regulatory, business and litigation matters. We specialize in numerous areas, including:
- Regulatory compliance involving federal and state environmental laws, including air, water, wastewater, solid waste, hazardous waste, underground storage tanks, wetland and remediation issues.
- Enforcement actions by federal, state and local agencies.
- Redevelopment of brownfield properties.
- Real estate and corporate transactions and the environmental considerations that affect virtually every transaction.
- Sustainable development.
- Negotiations concerning federal and state superfund site liabilities.
- Representation in environmental litigation, including cost recovery, insurance coverage, toxic tort and enforcement actions.
- Our environmental attorneys regularly work as a team with firm attorneys from other specialties including business, real estate, litigation and bankruptcy. As a result, the entire range of environmental counseling and representation is available to the client, regardless of the issue or its complexity.